Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pineapple Quilt



I picked out some fabric last weekend for the Pineapple Quilt. This is a quilt pattern I got when I was in Hawaii. The finished quilt is 40” x 40”, so it is more of a wall quilt or table quilt. I decided to do mine in blues. Here is what I found.



The blue squared fabric on top and to the left I plan to use for the center of the pineapples. The little blue flowered fabric I plan to use in the background. Lastly the blue fabric on the bottom I plan to outline the pineapples and also use for the border and the back of the quilt.

This is my first time using a pattern for a quilt. I am use to just making it up as I go and just using my imagination, that way when you are finished it is always right because there was no blueprint that you need to compare it too. This will be interesting and a challenge for me to stick to the pattern. I still might tweak it a bit we will see.

I am so excited to see everyone’s progress.

Tami