Monday, August 14, 2006

Intro

Hi all!

My name is Jeanine. My apologies for just getting around to posting an introduction. What's worse, is I practically harassed the list moms about joining.

I am very excited to have joined the sew?i knit! along. I've been a knitter and crocheter since childhood. I took up sewing as a teen and used to do it quite frequently. I hadn't touched a sewing machine in MANY years. I recently purchased a Janome Jem 660 sewing machine with a five piece quilting kit. I've done very little sewing with it so far. Why? I haven't fully decided yet. Time is one of the reasons. But as I'm sure you know, you find ways to make the time if you are jonesin for something. I've always wanted to learn to quilt. A friend from my old knitting group actually began to teach me about 2 years ago, but I moved soon after and lost contact with her.

For my project, I decided I will be making the Shimmy Shake and Bake Apron from the book Denyse Schmidt's Quilts. I figure the patchwork pocket on the front of the apron would be a great introduction to quilting at least from the patchwork perspective. I've also been thinking about making matching pot holders that from the book The Impatient Patchworker.

Looking forward to seeing everybody's projects.