Friday, July 28, 2006

Quilts!

Quilts are typically not my thing; I am too impatient for all that goes into them! I occasionally make them but nothing bigger than lap size...This quilt is for my mother and is half-way finished. My mother lost her husband of only 18 days to a car accident on the 2nd of July. The day after his funeral I was talking to her on the phone and she said that the minister asked her what one word would describe her husband; she said "comfort" and my mind went to a quilt. This quilt is called Comfort in memory of her husband. The design for the block comes from McCall's Quilting (there's lots of free patterns) and is called Spinning Star.







My other submission for this month's theme is a variation on the handbags found
here. Once I had it cut and pieced together I didn't care too much for the shape. The flower pin is a tutorial on her blog as well.

xo, Pink Trees