Friday, June 16, 2006

My sockie bag

Well, I kinda washed out in the bag-making category for this sew-along. I got the multitude of pieces cut out and the straps pinned for the Amy Butler Ultimate arts & craft tote. I am still contemplating how to change the pockets to suit my knitting style. But I wanted to show you the bag I made last week to carry a sock knitting project. It was based on Trek's sock bag and My Leetle Bag. Next time I will try to actually read the directions. What the heck, it looks cute and serves its purpose. This is the only Bernina in the world that won't do automatic buttonholes, I believe. I use my Brother for embroidery and buttonholes. When I am really in sewing mode, I have the serger out too. The casing, though done incorrectly, still has two layers, and was not folded over. Must be the heavy cord, from stash, that makes it look that way? That's where I messed up, and had to open the seam to turn the bag right side out.