Saturday, June 03, 2006

Joining at last

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from Brooklyn. I love to knit and I have had a love-hate relationship with sewing. It seems that I have been hit by the sewing bug this last week. A few years ago I stocked up on patterns at a $1 sale and found them too challenging, but this week I managed to complete a top for my daughter.

I used a Simplicity 7139 I have no photo of her in it because they were all blurry from her running away from me = ).
I hate to admit it but when I first attempted to use a pattern I never tried to follow along with the materials included in the pattern envelope. I found them so much clearer this time, maybe it's because I have more practice using my machine to make bags. Who knows.

I plan to buy some nicer fabric and make her a couple more, and maybe even one for myself. I'm glad I was able to join, I look forward to trading notes with you guys.

Nettie