Monday, June 05, 2006

Adding to my wardrobe

Hey there! I'm Nichola of Nikkishell. I recently started Wardrobe Refashion with Rachael as a way to be eco friendly, save money and come up with my own unique style. I sew quite a lot but tend to stick to small stuff like bags, needle rolls and clothes for my 2 year old. I've recently taken a tailoring course, which was good (my last class this week) but i feel that i only just grazed the surface and that there is so much more to learn. Unfortunately i can't afford to keep enrolling so i'm going to have to turn to my sewing 'how-to' books. So, here's what i've decided to make:



The pattern i found at an op(thrift) shop and the fabric was sent to me by Gwen at Bugheart from her Great Monday Giveaway. So, this shirt is costing me the price of the pattern (about AUS50c) and my time, not bad eh? I've even started it already, maybe i'll get it finished tonight, who knows!?