Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Who am I?




Hello! My name is Martina and I am a knitter! I used to refer to myself as a sewer but for the past 12 years or so I have put aside the sewing side of my creativity and become a truely obsessive knitter. The love the feel of making fabric so I knit. I also just plain love strolling around fabric shops stroking the goods. Sew (insert snorting laugh), I decided to take up this sew a long challenge and make a top.
Even before I was officially accepted as one of the group I had headed out to buy the pattern and the fabric. The pattern is a Butterick one. Number 3385. I will be doing the version with the sleeve flounce. The fabric is an emboidered Clarrisse cotton mix. It should be nice and cool for summer. I will assume that I will have it done on time so I will actually be able to wear it this summer!
I look forward to seeing everyones progress. On with the game I say!!