Sunday, May 28, 2006

The "to do" list for this months project!

This top is the McCalls top from this pattern, which I think has been at this stage here for at least 6 months. I am having facing issues, not quite to sure how to go about the facing at the point of the "crossover" bit...But it wil not beat me, I will have the darn thing done! So I am glad that others have decided to do this one, maybe you can help me when you get to that bit!

Also planned for this months task is a knit top from this New Look pattern, as I have never sewn with knit fabric before, at all. I think I deal with my fears by avoidence.... I don't have fabric yet, but I am just going for a plain knit, maybe grey.

And if I get these two finished, I am going to try this vest, the Poppy vest from The Sewing Workshop Collection. As I am on the Wardrobe Refashion Pledge I am planning to use some fabric from an old skirt of mine, it's a bit small but the fabric is gorgeous. Does a vest class as a top? I hope so, as it is Winter here and a vest would go nicely over the tee from the last pattern up there!

The vest, the grey knit top and another pattern if I have time!

Well, I'd better go and get sewing!

Rachael