Monday, May 15, 2006

Finished Messenger Bag

I am frustrated to have to post on the last possible day, especially since I actually finished my bag a couple of days before the original deadline. Unfortunately I've been out of town since then and without access to a computer. Anyway, here is my bag:



I used this Craftster tutorial, and admittedly borrowed heavily from Mari's bag. The outside is green canvas, and the inside is an Amy Butler striped fabric.



This was my second time sewing anything (I did a skirt during the last SAL) so I'm trying to take it easy on myself, but there are some glaring problems. I really rushed to finish it since I had to go out of town the next morning. But at least I feel like I know what to do differently next time, so overall I'm pretty satisfied with it.

The most exciting part of sewing this bag for me was my machine:


!!!

My husband surprised me with this as a graduation present! I absolutely love it!