Sunday, April 09, 2006

The tale of two bags....

I posted before with a pix of the fabric I was using to make my bag. My problem is that I hate to measure. So I laid out the fabric and got a sewing. I found the bag a bit too big. (it was sooo big that I could've fit my 17 month old daughter in there and carry her around) needless to say.... I ripped it apart and started over again so my final bag is now the size of a tote. Not bad I used it this weekend for my clothes and what not. As you can tell there's a shine. I used some clear vinyl for the outside of the bag. I wanted to use it for durability. It worked good. I like this bag I sewed a few pockets in the inside for different things. I think this bag will be nice for the beach, over night, and lets not forget knitting things. (of course what else?) but I was still upset that the bag was a tote and not a purse and small knitting project bag. So I stopped at walmart and picked up some more fabric while looking for some magnetic closures.. which I didn't find there but later today I found them at Michaels. So I then proceeded to cut the fabric a little smaller (ok tons smaller) and then sewed up a storm. I have 2 pockets one rather large and the other smaller. I also sewed in some elastic for pens and knitting notions! The metal snaps you can see in the bottom left of the pix, were really easy to put in. I really love the colors of the fabric. In both bags. Now I'm thinking I should've added the vinyl to this bag also but I was really just testing the water. The bags didn't take very long really. Once I got the hang of it. I plan of measuring more next and then making more to sell in my etsy shop. So what do you think of my bags?