Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Sunset Bag

I fell in love with this gorgeous fabric which handily allowed me to craft for Project Spectrum at the same time as sew?Iknit! :). There's more about the inspiration for the colour on my blog.

However, gorgeous fabric is guaranteed to be the most annoying to sew with and this was no exception, slipped all over the place. I hand sewed it all, partly because I haven't sorted my sewing machine out yet (which is why the skirt is still a work in progress) and partly because I do like to craft and watch TV at the same time (Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina in this case). I made the shape up around what was going to be inside it and the height of my DD, and lined it by doubling over the fabric.

DD and I are off to Disneyland Paris next week, so this is filled with surprise goodies for the plane journey. It's light and can easily be stuffed in my own bag which I imagine will be very necessary...