Sunday, April 30, 2006

Rated PG-13 for some brief nudity

Tonight, I finished my second bag. This time, I used the Chelsea bag pattern by Amy Butler. (FYI, if you're an Amy Butler fan, go check out the web site. New patterns and fabric) This bag is a nice reversible tote, perfect for hauling around books, or yarn.

The Chelsea bag will be for my friend Chelsea, who recently moved to Austin, TX. One day, when we both lived in Maryland, we were walking around the fabric store, and she stopped upon this outrageous fabric with half-naked cowboys on it, and said "I'd love a bag made out of this. I'd totally carry it around with me all the time." Well, now she has a chance to prove it.

The outside of the bag is all nice, and demure.

While the inside... well...



My favorite part about this bag is how I cut it. A completely freak accident caused the handle to cut out the one guy's face - cause really? That's not what we're looking at here. And the bottom of the bag on the half-naked cowboy side... well... I can't really put it on the blog. But let's just say that the bottom contains only the good part of one of the boys... and chaps :-)