Thursday, April 13, 2006

one bag down - more to go

Hi there! Maritza here, and I finally got around to starting my bag for the sewalong. Actually, I kinda finished it before I knew what had happened. It was a super-simple basic (kinda boring maybe) bag pattern, cute and functional, and it only took me about an hour to make:



I decided to go with the upholstery fabric for the bag and the peach and coral cotton for the lining. I couldn't get a great shot of the interior (i.e. one that wasn't dark), but I made little compartments in the lining for pens and techno-gadgets. The overall dimensions are approximately 8 1/2 x 11 1/4, and it's about 4 1/4 inches deep. Oh yeah, the cotton waving for the handles is the best stuff. Forgive me for gushing, but I have never used cotton waving before this project. I so love it for making bag handles. I'm planning on making a couple more bags, so stay tuned.