Friday, April 07, 2006

My first blog-a-long

Hi! My name is Elizabeth K and I live in Austin, Texas. I'm very excited to joining y'all in this sew?Iknit! I started sewing, mostly by hand, when I was a little girl and made clothes for my Barbies. By the time I was in high school I was thinking of fashion design as a career, but after taking two different sewing classes I decided that I would rather keep sewing as a hobby. Not much sewing has been done in the last 15 years, but I have made some pillows over the years.

My knitting obsession began in 2002 but it took me nearly two years to finish my first scarf. Since then I have made several scarves and just finished my first hat last weekend.

Okay, about my bag. My pattern is from Simplicity 4670, view C. The main fabric is a pink & green floral from Amy Butler and the interior fabric is one I found at the store. I think it's an Alexander Henry and it has a green background with yellow and white dots. My plan for the weekend is to cut out the pattern pieces.