Wednesday, April 26, 2006

denim sash bag & stripwork wallet






This is a bag I've been wanting to do for some time now. I used denim from an old GAP jean skirt for the outside of my bag. I used my basic tote pattern and added belt loops at each side seam and center front and back. I lined it with a matching blue canvas. I also added a magnetic snap/flap closure. Then the fun began...I made 4 interchangable sashes from some gorgeous Kaffe Fasset fabrics I picked up from my local quilt shop. This way, I could just change the sash and use this bag with most everything I wear.

With the leftover sash fabric, I made a stripwork quilted wallet. I used the pattern "A Safe Place" from Favorite Things. I love this pattern! It was really quite simple and I just used scraps from the denim, another purplish fabric and the leftovers from the sashes. I LOVE IT! You can get so much in it and it will match my purse! I highly recommend this pattern. The only thing I did different on it was to add a magnetic snap instead of velcro on the flap!

I can't wait to see everyone else's last-minute bags! I love the inspiration we can share with one another!

Now if I could figure out how to make my pictures go where I want them in my posts, I would be doing really well! Could anyone help me, please? :-)

(edited to add photo of 3 other sashes)