Thursday, February 16, 2006

Started and Intro

Hi all,

I'm Stephanie in California and my blog is here. I knit and sew quite a bit, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert at either! Since my son was born I've been sneaking in some sewing here and there, but hardly any for me (I sew my son's cloth diapers). I've been wanting to make myself some new long skirts so I was so happy to see this sew-along.

For my first skirt I'm using this New Look pattern and some yellow fabric from my stash (got it on clearance at JoAnn's a few years ago...it's really a lighter yellow in person). I started sewing it together yesterday and hopefully I will finish today. It's really a simple pattern with an elastic waist (I'm doing version C, which is shown in navy blue on the pattern).

Here are some cotton batiks I picked up yesterday at JoAnns. These will probably become more skirts, although I might use a different pattern.