Friday, February 10, 2006

Sew ON!

Hey all, I'm Allena My normal blog home is Star Knits. About 2 years ago I was all gung ho about making a skirt. I bought fabric and patterns and then never got around to actually sewing anything... So when I saw this sew along I knew I HAD to join. I guess craftiness spreads in the family. My mother sews she actually sewed this dress for me. (and smocked it) when I was a baby. I have it now for my daughters. I hadn't actually intro'd myself yet b/c well I was putting off digging in my closet to get my sewing stash out. So today I did exactly what I'd been putting off. I was motivated what can I say. I dug out all my skirt patterns and the fabric I had previously picked out for a skirt. I must finish what I started.
well I narrowed my choice to TWO... I'm not quite sure which one I want to make first. If you go here they're both on this page. note to self: don't go to that website and just "look" around b/c I'm already wanting a TON more patterns. This is sooo addicting. I have them on the fabric I'd like to make them in. There's this one Simplicity #5914 (a length btwn B and A mid calf i think)that I love the style of it. so prim and proper and yet sexy. The fabric is a heavy tan type of jean material. And I have a zipper and interfacing somewhere around here. I just have to look for it. And not put it off. I'm a huge procrastinator!
there's this one Simplicity 5505 F style, flirty and airy. the fabric is cotton that is soft and I love the flowers. Almost Hawaiian look to it but with more muted colors. It's a 2 hour skirt so I could make it and in theory wear it to church on Sunday.. We'll see how that goes... Procrastinate, procrastinate.....
so I'm trying to decide which one I want to make. They're both wonderful patterns and I love the fabrics. I'm torn.. Any help?
I'm up for the challenge of the fitted and zipper skirt and I think it's super fab. I have wonderful shoes that would match. But the other one is so simple and pretty and girly. And lets face it sometimes I need to feel girly!
I think I'll probably end up making both of them I just don't know where to start........
ok well with that I'll leave you...